During warm and sunny days and especially in spring and summer, Greeks prefer to drink the cold Frappe instead of the warm Greek coffee.
Enjoy the video
• 1-3 teaspoons instant coffee, preferably Nescafé, preferably the Greek version
• 1-3 teaspoons sugar
• (for the semi-sweet version (Φραππέ μέτριο), you take the same amount of sugar as coffee)
• Cold Water
• Milk – (fresh or coffee milk )
To get the best result, you will need one of the small coffee-mixers (μιξεράκι), around 8 euro in Greece. If you do not have this, you can use a shaker to make the foam, but you really have to shake very well for at least 30 sec.!
You also need a straw (καλαμάκι).
1. In a tall glass you put instant coffee, sugar, a bit of water (not too much!!) and start mixing till you get the coffee “foam”
2. Pour the frothy coffee into the glass and add the ice-cubes. Add cold water and as much milk as you like. Very important : serve with a straw